*forum* features?

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

Re: *forum* features?

Postby kali888 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Can I just ask you - how did you get this to load on your android phone??? I tried and it said I needed not just any flash, but adobe flash which is no longer available on androids (but I couldn't even get it on my ipad so it might have been yanked from apple too, idk). I would much rather do this on my android than the computer. If you have a chance, let me know how you did that. Thanks.
kali888

Postby davea » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Welcome to the forum. This thread is about the forum, not the game itself. So, when I mentioned a problem occurring on my android, it was using chrome on my tablet to view the *forum*. AFAIK the alpha is not intended to work on android/ipad. I suppose once the flash version is released, then Sarah will work separately on a mobile version. But that is definitely not what we are playing today.
davea

Postby kali888 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:25 am

Thanks for replying. The game (rebuild 2, anyway) for me at least, is so much easier to use on my cell than on the computer. And, I'm curious now, because isn't the forum about the game? I was just hoping I could play it on my cell, when I read what you wrote.

I am having issues with doing full screen (F11, which works on every site for me except this one), and thought it would be easier if I didn't have to deal with that problem. If you can't get full screen on the game, it's a lot more challenging. Not in a good way.
Don't get me wrong, I have OCD'd through almost 8 hours straight playing this on my computer. The first game - I bombed at, and the second didn't save (even though I saved it like 3 times, because I didn't really trust it to save) even though I think if I would have had the stamina to play it for 14 or 20 more hours straight, I could have beaten it. But, I didn't. And now I am wondering if you can even beat/win a game if it's still in the beta version. Or if it's more about telling the developer what works and what doesn't. Thanks again :)
kali888

Postby Ophryon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:26 am

Hi kali88. You're correct that this entire forum is for giving feedback on the game but this particular thread is specifically about the functionality of the forum itself.

We've been noticing it's difficult to keep threads on topic when we are all so enthusiastic and sometimes pack half a dozen new ideas or questions into a thread (and I've been guilty too). The problem is that makes it more difficult for the developers to wade through and more difficult for new testers to catch up on what has already been discussed. Davea has some experience and has proposed some solutions but for now we're trying to stay on topic with the thread subject.

(That said, your save-game problems might be a technical problem Sarah needs to know. Look for the thread she started about that and meanwhile check that your browser isn't blocking cookies. That fixed it for me.)
Ophryon

Postby sarahnorthway » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:39 pm

davea wrote:The solution is for Sarah, or the site moderator, to install a mod "th23"

Thanks for looking into this! I've installed the mod and I *think* it's working...? I guess another solution (assuming the problem is domain related) would be to php redirect forums.rebuildgame.com to forums.northwaygames.com rather than using it as an alias at the server level. Sigh, why isn't forum software a solved problem yet? Anyone have a suggestion for a hosted forum I should use instead? Steam forums?
sarahnorthway
Site Admin

Postby Shining Hector » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Now it won't stay logged in for me. In Chrome it automatically logged me out every time I tried to log in. IE seems to work though.
Shining Hector

Postby davea » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:55 pm

It is working for me! I am using chrome on android, and I am now able to stay logged in . I guess I will visit the phpbb website to research my other questions, jump to last post and mobile version.

EDIT: this mod for a mobile style:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... er_mobile/

This to jump to last post:

http://www.flying-bits.org/viewtopic.ph ... 914#p12927

When a thread is multiple pages, the button to jump to the last page is really, really tiny. Either or both of these mods would make the forum easier to navigate.
davea

Postby davea » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:59 am

Thanks so much for the auto login fix. I also spy a tiny "go to first unread post" button, which is great. These make it so much easier to use the forum. I hope it didn't take too much time away from actual game development!
davea

Previous

Return to Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville