Let's be really, really tolerant to each other.

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

Re: Let's be really, really tolerant to each other.

Postby nskral » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:59 am

lol, you taken seriously :D alright alright play your game with lesbians and other gays if you are wanting so :D
But to be honest I would want to close hetero themes as well if it is going to come in a package it won't be a problem for me.
nskral

Postby Woolfe » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Caelann wrote:<Good Stuff I agree with Snipped>

(also, I would be glad to see some religious characters who are actually decent people for once, so I'd personally prefer some more supportive attitudes and less bigotry, even if it doesn't erase real world prejudice coming from Christianity. I'm tired of all narratives about LGBT+ people being ultimately tragic and hostile instead of uplifting)

<Snip other stuff I broadly agree with>

I wanted to highlight this one. Not all religious people are anti LGBT. There are many who believe in the spirit rather than the dogma. Also why is the assumption that the religion is one of our old school types, maybe there is some new wave type preaching peacefulness etc. I mean if you have a

Also why is devout such a freaking Virus. Anyone spends a few missions with someone who is devout next thing they're bloody all devout.
Woolfe

Postby nskral » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:56 am

BourbonDingo wrote:I can't be the only person who sees parallels in asking for a LGBT toggle and 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'.

Anyway, if you actually have more conservative views but still have to play this game. Why not play with your conservative views? If you must play, you can discriminate in game. If you can't, ask yourself if it is because of the utilitarian nature of other survivors... or because it actually feels bad to treat someone as less human.

Also, let's not use 'normal' to describe stuff. Kind of suggest that anything outside of your view of what is normal, is abnormal. Why not 'traditional family'?

well eh okay I just get a little angry when I see the word 'jerkass' as I don't know the meaning of that, but I can understand what is a bad word. By the way it's not a problem for me to use term 'traditional family', I just used 'normal' word automatically. (I still think that the normal one is traditional one by the way :D ).I was planning to discriminate them in-game as well. Though I would have to be muuch more cruel in-game as we don't have psychologists in-game. Thanks for reminding me :).(I would probably just send them to the most dangerous square I have found, without a weapon, muhahahaha :D)
nskral

Postby nskral » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:02 am

Caelann wrote:"...

- About turning off "LGBT+ themes": only if I get an option to turn off hetero themes, too. 8-)

Then I want your support to put this to config.ini . Chah has a great suggestion about that, you can find it at Modding - 0.75 config.ini settings list topic.
nskral

Postby Caelann » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:29 pm

nskral wrote:
Caelann wrote:"...

- About turning off "LGBT+ themes": only if I get an option to turn off hetero themes, too. 8-)

Then I want your support to put this to config.ini . Chah has a great suggestion about that, you can find it at Modding - 0.75 config.ini settings list topic.

As much as I would enjoy having an all-LGBT city, I'm not sure if making this configurable is a good idea. Same for devouts, in fact.

I still agree that we really need to be able to configure our main character, since that's supposed to be our avatar, but other than that, I'd like to keep it random. Maybe tone down on devout (and cultist?) spread speed a little (if only to make churches less OP), but that's pretty much it.

Rather than having configurable percentages for attraction, what I feel we really need is a more robust relationship system. Something inspired in how relationships work in The Sims would be nice. Things like: a list of all relationships; decaying relationships; fixing enemies by making them do missions with leaders; and maybe to solve the marriage issue, make it so that good friendships are the highest stage that any two survivors can get (short of randomly encountering an actual couple of survivors, for example, like we encounter parents and siblings), and marriage (and pregnancy!) require the user to actually manually make them go for it.

That way, all survivors are potentially bisexual, but ultimately that depends (almost) entirely on how the user plays around with relationships and their progression.
Caelann

Postby nethkhar » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:14 pm

I'm struggling to understand why this topic is even a topic. If you don't like the themes or how the development of the game is going, just don't play it and don't buy any more games like it. It's up to the developers how they develop their game, if they want to design a game that involves these issues, or tries to engage the player on what ever level they want it's up to them. It's up to us as gamers to decide if we want to play that game and engage or think about those issues. When I first came in contact with Gustav and his van of ladies I was troubled, it made me think and to be honest, now, that's what I love about this game.

What about the kids, those poor kids we're sending or not into hidden rooms to rescue or not other kids we've sent in first. Now that's a bigger, thought provoking, emotional quandry. Explaining to your RL kids why you might be sending those kids off to a zombie infested death squad might be harder for them to understand.
nethkhar

Postby luisdiego30 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:10 pm

I honestly don't see the big deal if someone added a gay marriage policy since their a gender role policy for women. To be fair though if their would be a gay marriage policy their should be a religion policy to make it even. The game has Dahlias that poke fun at feminist and the The Last Judgment Gang and Church of the Chosen Ones making religious people look like jerk or flat out crazy. So since other organizations get their "toes step on" why shouldn't other? The most disturbing policy is cannibalism, but people act like the gay marriage policy would be, just saying.
luisdiego30

Postby Shining Hector » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:48 am

I'm honestly getting a little tired of this thread getting necroed, so I'm (ab)using my powers to lock it. Everyone's said their peace, Sarah's come out and responded to the request, there's really nothing meaningful to add at this point, right?

Without objection, so ordered. *whack*
Shining Hector

Previous

Return to Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville