[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Rebuild Forums • View topic - Art Style

Art Style

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

Art Style

Postby Woolfe » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:34 pm

I'd just like to say I really like the Art style.

BUT. The image of 5 characters standing beside each other with the female character in the middle. The female character looks weird. A bit too much out of proportion or something.

Not a big issue, just thought I'd mention it.
Woolfe

Re: Art Style

Postby sarahnorthway » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:55 am

(oops, I've turned forum moderation off so posts should appear immediately now)

Hopefully she'll look more normal once the other 4 body types are in the mix - they're all different shapes and sizes, kind of like the characters from Team Fortress 2. But if she still stands out as funny looking, we'll work on it!
Sarah Northway
Creator of Rebuild!

sarahnorthway
Site Admin

Postby radar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:51 am

Long live nipple fist.
radar

Postby AnarchOi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:02 pm

I understand the reason for the change of art style and I like it... for the most part. The character themselves are good but the zombies (cover art from kickstarter) are a little too cartoony for me, I actually scrolled passed the game around 3 times while browsing for projects and every time I kept thinking "rebuild" sounds familiar too me but then the art would throw me off. Not until I actually got around to check out the game I realized it was a sequel to the rebuild games I loved and played on Kong. Hopefully the zombies come out a little "scarier" but keeping the same art style.
AnarchOi

Postby radar » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:46 am

in regards to the art style. That feed back has been talked about a lot already. The cartoony zombie was meant to depict a faction of self aware zombie (like the ghouls from fall out 3). Its literally one of the gangs of deadville.
radar

Postby sarahnorthway » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:57 am

We are working on making the zombies a little scarier, but yeah like radar says that particular cowboy zombie in the promo art looks a little cheeky because he's intelligent.
Sarah Northway
Creator of Rebuild!

sarahnorthway
Site Admin

Postby Woolfe » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Woolfe

Postby AnarchOi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:41 pm

AnarchOi

Postby Woolfe » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:08 am