Can a survivor lose his starting perk ?

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

Can a survivor lose his starting perk ?

Postby SangDragon » Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 am

I explain my question :
I started a quick play game with one of my survivors (the scavenger one) who had the perk "Devout" at the start of the game .
In the following turns, i gave a bicycle to him, and several turns later he became unhappy (i add the fact that i have no church in my fort).
Now, several turns later, i realize it does not have his "Devout" perk anymore (he first had only the Vehicle perk given by the bicycle, and now that i have sold it to Gustav, it doesn't have any perk at all) ...

- Is it a bug ? (i.e. for example the Vehicle perk has mistakenly taken the place of the first one ...), or is it normal ? (perhaps his unhappiness makes him lose his faith, or the fact that i have no church ...)

Does someone have seen this happening already or have a clue ?
Thanks ! ;)

(Rebuild 3 Android version)
SangDragon

Re: Can a survivor lose his starting perk ?

Postby sarahnorthway » Fri May 19, 2017 10:59 am

You may be right about the main character being able to lose the "Devout" perk since there are several ways that can be gained or lost - both events and subtle things like working in a bar or not having enough churches - and they don't all exclude the main character. But your main leader should have still kept his primary perk "Priest". I'll see if I can make sure Priests will never lose Devout and fix this for the next update.
sarahnorthway
Site Admin

Postby Blind Squirrel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 am

sarahnorthway wrote: . . . fix this for the next update.

Next update? I'm in. Let us know when we can start throwing money at you.
Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.
Blind Squirrel

Postby PuzzleMage » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:43 pm

In general if you have no churches a colin might lose his "devout" perk. This is not the same as his "main leader perk", but if you're talking about a scavenger, that's not your main leader. The main leader is the one with the black background who learns any skill they practice.

Most colins don't start with a perk. This will not stop you from getting the perks earned with experience.
PuzzleMage

Postby Norpal » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:13 am

As others have said only under particular circumstances unique to some of the perks.
Norpal

Return to Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville