Is scavenging/clearing unscouted buildings bad?

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

Is scavenging/clearing unscouted buildings bad?

Postby BuildItTheyCome » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:37 pm

In Moses Lake I have "scouted" over 30 buildings without finding a single survivor to recruit. Now when I say "scouted" I mean those buildings were scouted by default.

A new tactic I have created is to simply blitz all buildings in sight so no massed zombies are ever created. By clearing or scavenging an unscouted building the building is "discovered" without the need for a scout. This saves an ENORMOUS amount of time and actually makes the game too easy on anything other than impossible (even on hard I managed to avoid massed zombies for 50 days and after that its a breeze). But I wonder if blitzing has a drawback - like less resources scavenged from unscouted buildings, or it scares away all the survivors.
BuildItTheyCome

Re: Is scavenging/clearing unscouted buildings bad?

Postby PuzzleMage » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:27 pm

I don't think so. It takes more people to be safe, and I prefer to have the Moore's binoculars and scout in bulk, so to speak, so I can have several scavenging parties out at once, but I believe safety is the only balance.

Now that I think about it, when I played Moses Lake there were very few people to recruit, it was annoyingly unpopulous. I scouted everything.
PuzzleMage

Return to Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville