Hospital use.

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

Hospital use.

Postby PuzzleMage » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:00 pm

On a recruit mission, I picked up a sick guy. This should be fine, as we have a hospital. It's actually just the next block over. Except that my recruiter went to the hospital, because her mission was over and it was the nearest unoccupied building. The sick guy went to the apartment building. I really wish I could move him to the hospital, but that doesn't work.
PuzzleMage

Re: Hospital use.

Postby PuzzleMage » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Aargh! Happened again. Given the game mechanics, it should be possible for the hospital to have a mission of Healing, unique to the building, to which a injured guy (and only someone injured) can be assigned to make use of the hospital when they didn't start there. Useful for when you've just acquired a hospital, when someone else was assigned to the hospital first, etc.
PuzzleMage

Postby bythelee » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Agreed, it's mildly annoying that "special buildings" like the hospital are not "reserved" for those that need them.

Also agreed it should have a special mission, just like farms and parks and suchlike, to provide "health" for those that visit.

I haven't yet played a game where it's made the difference between survival (via three day healing) or failing, but on the more difficult settings, it has that potential.
bythelee

Postby DextorPlays » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:14 am

The hospital gives your fort a "Perk" if you will that will react with various events like the epidemic. You do not need to place a character in the hospital to get the benefit. I have played through the entire campaign on impossible and the character placement never made an impact. The game will preselect a hospital for injuries if the square is open, but otherwise it is not required.

I would recommend always trying to get a hospital early to mitigate the risks of some of the events, but only one is required.
DextorPlays

Return to Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville