How do you get "Deluxe Jobs"?

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

How do you get "Deluxe Jobs"?

Postby Panpiper » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:05 am

The wiki lists several "Deluxe Jobs" that I have never seen in my game. Just how does one acquire those deluxe jobs? I have never seen one manifest anywhere.
Panpiper

Re: How do you get "Deluxe Jobs"?

Postby Objection » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:31 am

I haven't checked the wiki in a while but if these "Deluxe Jobs" are what I think they are, they were probably just a suggestion made at some point before these forums were made and there are no signs of them actually being implemented.
Objection

Postby impish » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:37 pm

No, they're in. You need to have the Deluxe version!

In Steam, if you have the game but not Deluxe, you can go to the game's Store page and buy the 'deluxe upgrade' for $10. I have no idea about other platforms, or getting it as the Kickstarter reward, etc.

I'm not sure if it does anything else in-game, besides the deluxe jobs. Supports the devs though!
impish

Postby Funny Squirrel » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:32 pm

I have the Deluxe edition, and I have no clue what you're talking about.
I used to be dazed and confused, now I'm just crazed and amused.
Funny Squirrel

Postby impish » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:16 pm

If you have deluxe and start a new game, you can pick a few exclusive backgrounds for your fort leader, all with a unique effect and item - Rock Star, Pizza Delivery Driver, Programmer, Real Estate Developer, and Pro Gamer. Those aren't available in non-deluxe versions. They vary from 'nice' to 'ridiculously OP' to 'extra-hard-mode' (apparently, I haven't tried Pro Gamer myself)
impish

Postby Funny Squirrel » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:04 pm

Oh that, yeah, I tried all of them so far, at least once in "normal" mode. They do make a big difference in the game start, but after a few games they get boring.
I used to be dazed and confused, now I'm just crazed and amused.
Funny Squirrel

Postby s3k » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:24 am

On iOS the Deluxe Version can be obtained by tapping "By Sarah Northway & Friends" on the main screen and then "get deluxe content", there you need to enter a key, that I think needs to be acquired from Steam (plz help me out here, if you can).
This is the only game I'm playing between Skyrim and BF1,
so it must be good.
Best of all - I don't even play any other games in top-down perspective.
s3k

Postby SangDragon » Thu May 18, 2017 12:29 pm

For PC, Mac and Android :

1) go on the Rebuildgame.com website (on the "buy now") page.

2) buy the Survivalist (deluxe) edition ($25)
(includes :
-the Deluxe ed. for PC, Mac, Android and Steam (steam key included).
-the Rebuid 1&2 games (Desktop version) with the latest updates for rebuild 2 (winter + cannibalism, previously only included in the mobile versions)
-a .PDF artbook).

3) you'll receive a link to the Humble Bundle website to download your game for your actual platform (if you have already the regular version installed, you should uninstall it first).
WARNING : for Android-only users, you'll receive ONLY the Deluxe ed., NOT Rebuild 1&2 (desktop versions) and NOT the .PDF digital picture book ... a little expensive just for the 5 bonus jobs ! (this is what i've done, but i'm a REAL fan !)

4) after the installation of the Deluxe version (actually v1.6.13 Deluxe), click on the title on the main menu screen of Rebuild 3 : you'll learn the secret word who will allow you to unlock the Deluxe ed. elsewhere : enter it in the "Deluxe Content" section of the credits to unlock the Deluxe version for your other Rebuild 3 games installed on other platforms (maybe even IOS, who knows ?)

Hope this will be useful for you ! ;)
SangDragon

Return to Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville