Devout again

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

Devout again

Postby Woolfe » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Ok... so ... has anyone else noticed some characters losing their devout status? Or am I just going mad.

I am sure I had one or 2 early on that had it, but when I came back to them later.... No devout.

I had isolated them at the time as well. Not on purpose, just due to low numbers.
Woolfe

Re: Devout again

Postby Calledkosh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:41 pm

Can't say that I've had.
Did you get a notice about the Devout status dropping?
You got me curious on this.
"Any Officer Who Goes Into Action Without His Sword is Improperly Dressed"
-Captain (and later Lt.Col) 'Mad Jack' Churchill, DSO & Bar, MC & Bar, circa 1940
Calledkosh

Postby Woolfe » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:57 pm

No I didn't and it wasn't till fairly late that it started happening.

In fact I actually had 2 devout soldiers off by themselves defending a spot, and picked up a 3rd devout soldier, and dumped him with them. Next thing I get a message saying that one of the previously devout soldiers had turned devout by the new soldier. It was around then that I had captured my first Church.
Woolfe

Postby madman12 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:32 am

Would make sense, no churches means no spread of influence or religion leading to much less probability of becoming devout. Wonder if having no churches and isolating people like that starves them of religion to the point it removes itself from the survivor.
madman12

Postby Objection » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:16 am

I have witnessed people losing their devout status in this version. Also I saw it happen in previous versions. The key was that there were no churches in the fort. The former devouts would have a thing in their happiness log that said something like "Without a church what's the point of believing any more?" and there would be a happiness penalty associated with that event.

You don't get pop-ups telling you that someone ceases to be devout. You have to check on the survivor yourself.
Objection

Postby Woolfe » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Huh.. curious, I had noticed that comment previously, but hadn't associated it with the loss of devout. Interesting.
Woolfe

Return to Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville