Small Biugs

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

Small Biugs

Postby madman12 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:31 am

EDIT: Version played is 0.75.3 (Debug), Don't mind people using this topic to pile a few up, but thought I'd specify the version given 0.80 being out (test branch)

Windows: When you open the survivors list, press equip then scroll up or down the available weapons or items it also scrolls down or up the survivors list behind it. Don't think that's intentional.

Trade: While in trade, if you choose to trade something the faction your trading with has to offer it becomes unavailable to select from said faction. However if for example you have multiple pistols of which gustav also has a pistol to trade, you can still select his pistol by selecting then deselecting one of your spare pistols while still having the other selected to trade. Same goes for the other way round.

Repeating Event Pop Ups: I've had the you now have water event pop up pop up a few times in one game without any event saying that it got cut off or stopped so I assume its unintended. That is unless the sewers backlog event is suppose to mean that which I don't directly see it indicating. Also, my survivor is now married yet I got the option to date another survivor. Not entirely sure if that is suppose to happen or not. If it is, fine but thought I'd bring it up in case it wasn't. Edit: It is now doing it with the dating game event where you have the option to go on a date, marry or break up even though I'm already married to said survivor. All except this time she said no... :cry:
Last edited by madman12 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
madman12

Re: Small Biugs

Postby EllaClass » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:57 am

Issues I've noticed in the .80 build:

The "Fix the utilities missions" do not appear once I've captured the power and water plants. The red exclamation points appeared briefly when I logged in this morning, but when I clicked on them they disappeared.

I've played over 324 "days" within the game and Gustav only appeared once at the very beginning of the current city. However, when I clicked on him, he disappeared and has not returned.

All churches are zombie free (even when surrounded by infested squares), making them basically free to re-claim.

I'm not sure I understand how food improvements work. At a certain point I had maxed out my research tree and had upgraded farms x12. However, after taking in another dozen survivors, my food production surplus seemed to increase, rather than decrease, even though I didn't have anyone actively farming. Shouldn't adding survivors decrease my food supply?

I'm playing on a giant map (hard difficulty) and once I established city hall, I was told to ally with the two factions on the map, despite the fact I hadn't even found them via scouting yet.

I'm wondering if the research tree is too easy at this point. I had to engineers blast through the whole research chain in no time, and it didn't even detract from my fort security. (And this is coming from an admittedly cautious, low-key player).

Were all other pop-up events stopped for this version? Because I haven't received any notifications about weddings, pregnancies, zombies breaking into the fort, Little Hobo, etc in the current game. Nothing. Just me conquering squares.
EllaClass

Postby madman12 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:30 am

EllaClass wrote:All churches are zombie free (even when surrounded by infested squares), making them basically free to re-claim.

Divine Intervention?? It's the same in the current build, not test build. It's something which I think has been done deliberately rather than a bug of sorts but who knows. Could be.

EllaClass wrote:I'm playing on a giant map (hard difficulty) and once I established city hall, I was told to ally with the two factions on the map, despite the fact I hadn't even found them via scouting yet.

Same as current release build. As soon as you form your government all factions are discovered as such no matter whether you've found them or not by map exploration. Not sure about that mechanic myself but it keeps the game going at a decent pace without having to scout the 3/4 of the map for that last faction.

EllaClass wrote:I'm wondering if the research tree is too easy at this point. I had to engineers blast through the whole research chain in no time, and it didn't even detract from my fort security. (And this is coming from an admittedly cautious, low-key player).

Same here, 2 or 3 engineers with bookworm and the tech tree isn't really that much of an issue. The biggest challenge with tech is actually finding a lab from the start and getting an engineer. Last game on hard I got lucky with an event which gave me the tech to build lab's and the sort otherwise would of been spending a lot of the game scouting for one if the epidemic, factions or zed didn't get me by that point..
madman12

Postby Objection » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:52 pm

EllaClass wrote:The "Fix the utilities missions" do not appear once I've captured the power and water plants. The red exclamation points appeared briefly when I logged in this morning, but when I clicked on them they disappeared.

I had this happen to me as well. I found a workaround for it which I posted here.
Objection

Postby sarahnorthway » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Sorry about some of these; 0.80.2 on the testing branch had some major bugs (no random events, no gustav or faction units, broken exclamation point missions) that should all be fixed in 0.80.3.

Churches are intentionally zombie-free at the start of the game while graveyards are extra infested etc.

If you find any more bugs, please keep 'em coming! Though preferably also report them in the game's config > @feedback menu so it'll send me your logs.

Thank you!
sarahnorthway
Site Admin

Re: Small Bugs

Postby Calledkosh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:37 pm

I have to agree: Use the feedback! Bugs get fixed if the developers know about them.

And then discuss them here, because someone might have found a work-around. :)
"Any Officer Who Goes Into Action Without His Sword is Improperly Dressed"
-Captain (and later Lt.Col) 'Mad Jack' Churchill, DSO & Bar, MC & Bar, circa 1940
Calledkosh

Postby madman12 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:29 am

I've only used the in game feedback option for game breaking stuff that stops me playing like crashes, major lag, lost save games that sort of thing.

Plus I'd rather not spam Ms. Northway's email account every time I find a typo or believe there's a minor UI bug. There are more important bugs to be fixing like game breaking ones. For those of which are usually more subjective the forum is my preferred place, easier to get a sanity check that way on the idea.
madman12

Postby Calledkosh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:48 am

Minor UI bugs I'd list, as those are still important.
There is a thread for typos though, and if I'd use the feedback for those I'd send a long list of them at once rather than a dozen e-mails.
"Any Officer Who Goes Into Action Without His Sword is Improperly Dressed"
-Captain (and later Lt.Col) 'Mad Jack' Churchill, DSO & Bar, MC & Bar, circa 1940
Calledkosh

Postby madman12 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Yeah, seen and used the sticky'd typos topic with quite a few of what I believe are text errors.

Taking a break from the game at the moment, will look to get back in once a few patches comes through to see how Impossible is given I've won every game I've played easily enough on Hard difficulty as the highest.
madman12

Return to Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville