Should children become awesome with age?

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

Should children become awesome with age?

Postby Chah » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:43 pm

I'm fine with children being a happiness generating liability.

But I wonder if children should grow into stronger equipment (like the various equip-able pets) after a year or so before waiting for them to completely grow up.
Chah

Re: Should children become awesome with age?

Postby Woolfe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:18 pm

Yeah we were discussing in a different thread something similar. Essentially at the moment the Negatives outweigh the positives.

Each child -1 to all stats, -.05 food and takes up item slot. In return you get Happiness bonus, and occasional work bonuses.

If you are just gaming the game(Ie not caring about the moral implications of leaving children out to die) then there is no real reason to keep them other than to get a happiness boost, which you might be able to manage using other things (items, pets, bars and churches etc).

Some are suggesting to make them an "additional" item. So it doesn't take the item slot.
Also suggested was the "Nanny/school/daycare" location.

I was thinking there should also be people who are "Not good with kids". So they gain no bonus from them, or even manage to get the kids killed through stupidity. To even that up there should be those with "Maternal/Paternal instinct" who get additional bonuses from kids.

I'm guessing that Sarah still has some stuff to do on this, from the long campaign point of view. It would be kind of cool to have kids turn up at later points in the game who join in.

Maybe a full adult called a "Teenager". They act like an adult, but are more prone to mood swings and rebellion, and sometimes do stupid things.
Woolfe

Return to Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville