Modding - 0.75 config.ini settings list

Talk about Sarah's upcoming game in the Rebuild series.

Re: Modding - 0.75 config.ini settings list

Postby sarahnorthway » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:40 am

New config settings let you make all your survivors gay hispanic athiest engineers whose children come of age after 4 days. Apologies to those wanting more complex sexualities; I'm too pressed for time!

- Sarah

; How many squares away can mobs and roamers see an attractor
ATTRACTOR_MOB_RANGE = 5

; Preaching in a church adds the devout perk to someone on average once this many days
PREACH_DEVOUT_DAYS = 60

; Cultist preaching in a church adds the cultist perk to someone on average once this many days
PREACH_CULTIST_DAYS = 30

; A child's age (& pregnancy) is the number of days they've been alive divided by this (real life is 365.242)
GOAT_YEAR = 90

; Autosave this often. Set to zero to disable autosave.
AUTOSAVE_SECONDS = 60

; Chance of a new colin having the DEVOUT perk (main leader priest job overrides to 0.50)
PERK_DEVOUT_CHANCE = 0.20

; Chance of a new colin preferring same-sex relationships (anyone can also be bisexual under certain conditions)
PERK_SAMESEX_CHANCE = 0.20

; Chance of a new colin having a random starting-level perk
PERK_RANDOM_CHANCE = 0.20

; Skin tone weights from light to dark; 7th is not used (rotten); some faces or npcs may override
SKIN_WEIGHTS:Array = 0.7, 0.8, 1, 1, 0.7, 0.5, 100

; Random job weights (leader, soldier, scavenger, builder, engineer)
SKILL_FREQUENCIES:Array = 1, 3, 2, 2, 1

; How high level should new colins be
COLIN_LEVEL_MULTIPLIER = 0.50
sarahnorthway
Site Admin

Postby Panpiper » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:23 am

Could we get a config setting that would allow our leader character to gain perks like our regular survivors do?
Panpiper

Postby Panpiper » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:11 am

Could we also have a config setting that makes a survivor whose happiness reaches red, automatically take time off? Having to manually check and manually tell them to do this is a micromanagement chore I would rather avoid.

It is this last in fact that has again been the straw that is taking me away from Rebuild. I will play a game for a while until something about it proves too bothersome for me to continue. I may come back to the game a few months/years later when time has rendered it a bit 'new' again, but no game hold my attention forever. I came back to Rebuild a couple weeks ago after first joining the beta several months back. This time I just got tired of having to go back and yet again manually find the eight to ten survivors that were in the red for happiness and manually drag them into a 'time off' mission.

Make work is not fun.
Panpiper

Postby addseo1115 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:29 am

last post of the day. :ugeek:
addseo1115

Postby SandyColin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:45 am

Heya! I am really enjoying this game and have spent several days experimenting and documenting the perks and perk system. Holy wow there are a lot of different backstorys.

Anywho, that led me on to messing with the config file and I can't get the second posted list of config options to work, specifically;

Code: Select all
; How high level should new colins be
COLIN_LEVEL_MULTIPLIER = 5.50

; Chance of a new colin having the DEVOUT perk (main leader priest job overrides to 0.50)
PERK_DEVOUT_CHANCE = 0.90

; Chance of a new colin preferring same-sex relationships (anyone can also be bisexual under certain conditions)
PERK_SAMESEX_CHANCE = 0.20

; Chance of a new colin having a random starting-level perk
PERK_RANDOM_CHANCE = 0.90

I have tried putting them under [difficulty] and tried under [config] but I can't get them to work. Can you give me some help?
SandyColin

Postby Pork! » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Currently running v1.1.1.
Has anyone been able to get the [config] option of PERK_DEVOUT_CHANCE = 0.20 to work, with any value at all? Is it a percentage, or a fraction of 1, meaning a 1 equals 100% chance?
I have tried using values of 0.50, 0.90, 1.00, and 100, but I have never gotten any new survivor to show up with the perk.
Am I doing it wrong? Is there some other trick or entry that is required?

Also, if this particular entry actually will work, can it be used with other Perks, for instance Skeptic or Fighter, etc.?
Pork!

Postby Rosuav » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:29 am

sarahnorthway wrote:[difficulty]
; Reclaim missions can't happen if there are more than this many zombies on a square
;RECLAIM_MAX_ZOMBIES = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Setting this to 1 or 2 reduces frustration some when you're reclaiming territory and one pesky zombie goes in there. Instead of having to spend a full day killing one solitary zed, you just go reclaim the thing anyway.
Rosuav

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:24 pm

What do you mean by complex coding?
And can I tell you a crazy idea for buildings?
Nate

Postby Rosuav » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:34 am

Point to note: The file does not appear to be created by v1.5.3, but if you create it manually, it will affect the game. This took me a good half hour of fiddling around with, until I fired up an old version and voila, there was the file, right where I expected it to be. In Wine, it's .wine/drive_c/users/YOUR_USERNAME/Application Data/com.sarahnorthway.rebuild3/Local Store/config/config.ini - poke around for the equivalent on your system, and just create the file if you can't find it.
Rosuav

Postby Nararatrn » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:39 am

thanks a lot for telling us about a process of modding! t's very informative for me!
Nararatrn

Previous

Return to Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville